The Department of Ökoklimatologie is looking for a highly motivated PhD student (m / f) for the evaluation of different tree species and their origins to their future ability to weather extremes.
The focus of the project is the investigation of effect of drought stress include on the pine provenances (south) western distribution limit. Different moisture regimes are set and collected the plant responses, growth characteristics are to be typed in during the growing season repeats.
The work includes
• manipulation and control of drought stress in experiments
• Recording and analysis of ecophysiological and growth parameters
• Analyses for durability and future suitability of the individual origins
• Review and adaptation of drought indices
• Good degree in natural sciences university degree (eg forestry or environmental properties ¬ ¬ know, physical geography, biology, ecology) as well as interest and aptitude for scientific work
• independence and creativity, but also cooperation within the overall project
• Good computer skills (eg, statistics software, maybe programming)
• Very good command of English
• Publication of results in international peer-reviewed ¬ regulations, and a final doctoral
The position is limited to 3 years, the payment is made in salary group 13 TV-L (½).
This varied position is located at the Department of the Technical University of Munich Ökoklimatologie in Freising-Weihenstephan. Freising is a lovely university town life and high quality of life, 35 km northeast of Munich and can be easily reached by road or rail.
Please send your digital application documents to Ms. Fleischner (email@example.com) with
(1) short cover letter
A perusal of the documents starts immediately and continues until the position is filled. For questions regarding the site, please contact Dr. Nicole Estrella (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact: Nicole Estrella, email@example.com