(BMG Research Project "hazards prediction for synthetic biology" (Berlin
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) is the central research and reference institution of the Federation in the field of infectious diseases and other health risks (www.rki.de).
In the junior group 4 "bioinformatics" We are looking for time limited for three years / n
Scientific / s employees / in
(Depending on qualifications and experience to salary level 14 TVöD).
• Development of algorithms and software for Pathogenitätsprädiktion in synthetic biology
• Development of methods for similarity analysis and detection of significant differences in high-dimensional genomic and proteomic data sets
• Close collaboration with experimental groups at the Center for Biological Safety for verification and interpretation of results, and classification of the relevance
• Publication and presentation of research results
• PhD in a quantitative and Diplom-/Masterabschluss subject (eg mathematics, computer science, physics, biology or Quantitative)
• Experience in algorithm development
• Experience in the development and application of statistical methods or machine learning algorithms
• Programming skills in scripting languages, for example, in R, Matlab and Python
• Good knowledge of molecular biology (genomics / proteomics) and experience in collaboration with experimental groups
• The advantage is in-depth knowledge and practical experience in at least one of the following areas:
o Analysis of high dimensional data sets
o procedures for the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data
o Structural biology of proteins and Strukturprädiktion
o methods of software development and programming, for example in C + +
• Very good command of English
A good working environment is very important. Teamwork is therefore a critical competency for us, you should have. In addition, you should be prepared in the course of your work for the advancement of the Robert Koch Institute to use and bear responsibility for their own actions.
In return we offer an active health promotion and flexible working hours and working arrangements. As part of the official feasibilities, we support the reconciliation of family and career.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Bernard Renard
Tel: 030 / 18754-2561
The RKI ensures the equality of women and men. A part-time employment is possible. Disabled applicants / will they have the same qualifications and suitability given preference.
Your written application with relevant documentation) should be sent under the reference number 29/11 to the 08/06/2012 (RKI receipt) to the
Robert Koch Institute - Personnel Department - PO Box 65 02 61, 13302 Berlin.
If we are to return your documents, please enclose a stamped envelope. Applications by e-mail, we can not be considered.
Dr. Bernard Renard
Robert Koch Institute
Contact: Dr. Bernard Renard