At the Institute of Biodiversity, Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute (vTI), Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries, is the earliest possible time, temporary for a period of two years, a job as a
with the task of the GIS-based identification and characterization of HNV farming in Germany and to occupy the spatially explicit modeling of HNV farming systems.
The preservation of high nature value (HNV) farming is an important objective in the EU, both in terms of rural development as well as biodiversity. Agricultural measures for the protection and development of HNV farming nationally, however, can only access when criteria for the identification and characterization of HNV systems have been developed. Also with regard to monitoring the development trend of HNV systems is a clear characterization and a regionalized representation and analysis of HNV systems necessary. A major challenge of the position it will be to develop a scientifically recognized and workable set of criteria (ecological, economic, agricultural, structural and socio-economic) that meaningful information on the nature and changes in the extent and condition of HNV supply systems. The aim is to provide an innovative approach for the characterization and spatial localization of HNV systems!
Germany to develop and implement in a spatially explicit modeling.
- Independent acquisition and processing of HNV relevant, area-based technical information
- Use and extension of existing spatial data infrastructure of the Institute
- Spatially explicit analysis, including up-or downscaling of spatial data
- Develop a list of criteria for the identification and characterization of HNV farming in Germany
- GIS-based modeling of the distribution of HNV systems in Germany
- Validation of the modeling results in selected pilot regions
- Drafting of reports, publications and lectures
- Completed university degree (. Dipl / M.Sc.) Geoinformatics, geography, Geo-/Landschaftsökologie, agricultural ecology and biology
- Above-average knowledge of geographic information systems (ArcGIS, GRASS), and SQL databases and PostGIS
- Sound knowledge of statistical data analysis (especially in R)
- Strong communication skills, great organizational skills and strong cooperation and teamwork
- Experience in the area agrar-/umweltwissenschaftlichen
- Prior knowledge on the subject of HNV farming
- Understanding of ecosystem relationships in agricultural landscapes
- Secure knowledge of the English language in written and spoken
The employment relationship is governed by the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD), and the payment of the fee is in compliance with the personal and collective bargaining requirements for grade 13 TVöD. Part-time employment is possible.
The limitation is in accordance with § 14 paragraph 2 part-time and temporary employment law. The call is therefore only to applicants who have not been in the past three years in a temporary or permanent employment with the employer Federal Republic of Germany.
VTI promotes the professional equality between women and men, and therefore particularly welcome applications from women.
Handicapped persons with equal qualifications will be given special consideration, they will cause the least possible physical aptitude.
Please send your application including curriculum vitae, description of training and work history, list of publications and copies of relevant certificates until 31/05/2012 with the subject "HNV modeling" electronically as a document to Dr. Jens Dauber (E-mail: jens.dauber @ vti.bund.de).
Institute for Biodiversity
Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute (vTI)