Postdoctoral position (m/f) in neuroscience / neurophotonics / computational neuroscience (Bonn)
Caesar is a Neuroscience research institute associated with the Max Planck Society and is located in Bonn, Germany. Caesarâ€™s research is interdisciplinary with scientists from various research areas working together on the topics of cellular signal processing and the neural foundations of behavior. This ranges from studying the behavior of single-cell organisms to studying one of the key questions of neuroscience: how does neuronal activity give rise to complex and goal-directed behavior?
The Max Planck Research Group Neural Circuits led by Dr. J. D. Seelig is offering
Postdoctoral position (m/f)
in neuroscience / neurophotonics / computational neuroscience
We are looking for highly motivated scientists interested in studying the role of neural network function across be-havioral states. More information about the group can be found at https://www.caesar.de/en/our-research/neural-circuits/research-focus.html and http://seeliglabneuro.weebly.com/research.html. Multiple positions are available immediately.
- You have a strong background in neuroscience or biophysics and are interested in using modern two-photon imaging, optogenetics, electrophysiology and virtual reality techniques to investigate neural networks in behaving fruit flies or mice. We are particularly interested in the impact of neuromodulators on adaptive neural circuits and their role in health and disease.
- You have a strong background in physical and optical sciences and are interested in developing and applying optical tools for neuroscience. You will use and develop microscopy techniques, for example voltage sensing methods, to monitor neural activity in behaving animals.
- You have a strong background in computational sciences and are interested in developing and applying software tools for analyzing experimental data and relate data to computational models of neural circuits. You are also interested in developing software for our microscopy and electrophysiology experiments in behaving animals and in closely collaborating with experimentalists.
What we expect from you (depending on position):
- A Masters/PhD with a strong quantitative background in neuroscience and/or biophysics.
- A Masters/PhD with a strong background in physics, optics/photonics, and/or engineering.
- Candidates from related fields (such as physics, engineering or chemistry) are also encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in programming languages (Matlab, LabView, c++, Python) and the willingness to hone programming skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of the German language is not a requirement.
What we offer:
- You will be integrated in an international and multidisciplinary team
- Cutting-edge equipped laboratories
- Competitive salary according to career
How to apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com for informal enquiries or submit your application at our job portal: https://www.caesar.de/en/joining-caesar/
Caesar is committed to diversity and inclusion and is aiming to increase the percentage of women in areas where they are under-represented. We therefore explicitly encourage women to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
Caesar is certified by audit berufundfamilie.